Creating Your Mission Statement
INTENTION AS A MISSION STATEMENTThe word for Intention in Sanskrit is Sankalpa. Ask yourself, “What happiness are you manifesting? Are you living a life you love?” And in order to realize our greatest potential, to manifest our biggest dreams we have to take charge of our I AM statements answering this question: Who Am I? This is the foundation of successful intention setting.
INTENTION SETTING“Our intention creates our reality.” – Wayne Dyer “The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen.” – Frank Lloyd Wright “Intention is the core of all conscious life. Conscious intention colors and moves everything.” – Master Hsing Yun When you break down the process of what true intention really is, you will find a process that unfolds before you. By applying this process, you create your intention. Here is how you map out your intentions. Ask yourself: What do you want to become or achieve? What would having it feel like to me?
- Have purpose (Vision Statement/Dharma): Your reason behind your intention is purpose. Having a purpose infers a more determined path.
- What would you do with your life if no one could criticize or praise you?
- How would you spend your time if no one else cared or was watching?
- Would your life be very different? How? What does this tell you about how much power you give to other people and other people’s opinions?
- Design your intent: This means a specific, measurable (quantitative and qualitative), plan of action. What, when, why, where, how.
- Improve your aim (GPS): By improving your aim, you add to your target effort directed toward attaining your intention. Remember it’s hard to make a bull’s eye if you don’t know where you’re aiming.
- Include smaller items that will take little effort: manifesting smaller things actually creates a steady flow of energy and teaches us to appreciate the smaller goals as well.
- Reach your goal: The goal is the result of your intention, put into action and attaining it by thought out effort and consistent focus.
- Believe in the possibility that we can ALL be Spiritual Millionaires!
- Create your list of 3 to 10 intentions (each month on the day of the New Moon)
- Write them out using the words “I intend…” (Intention is not the same as wishing which is self-defeating and implies you can’t do it.)
- Make copies and post where you can see them. Take a photo of it and make it your screen saver.
- Review your list every day. (EG easy if it’s on your smart phone)
- As your intentions come true, rewrite your list without that one on it. Add new intentions as you see fit.
- Delete or replace intentions that are no longer relevant.
- Share your intentions with positive friends or loved ones.
- Repeat this affirmation “I will receive the things that I have intended.”
- Hide behind goals that are too big
- Or lose inspiration because goals are too limited, and small
- Tire out when goals are too showy (are they for you or others)
- Don’t wake up and see what your life is and to the degree you are influencing it
- Allow failure
- Surround yourself with like minded people
- Cultivate collaboration and community
- Write it down and make sure its stated using active language
- Needs to be specific.
- Needs to be worded in the present tense.
- Use your own words, keep it real.
- Must be measurable, both quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Must be memorizable
- Needs to be achievable in the next 6-12 months.
- Focus on the result you are seeking or the attitude, you intend to achieve or both.
- In your heart, you must believe you can achieve your intention.
- Must be stated in words you actually say.
- I take away people’s pain, shortcut it, prevent it where possible, and help them make that quantum leap to happiness.
- I enjoy my life more because I make time for my partner, family/friends, fun and adventure!
- I have a spiritual partner who shares my ideals and deep love for life. I am in love and happy. My relationship is a source of bliss.
- I practice meditation daily and it enriches every aspect of my life.
- I feel free. I am thriving!
- I am present. (implying no longer distracted)
- I believe in the power of Yoga to heal and transform. I create an environment where each persons strengths and passions are nurtured, guided and celebrated where practice in a safe, effective way with optimal alignment, self-compassion and enthusiasm with respect for yoga’s traditions and philosophies.
Alchemy of Yoga RYT-200 Program Manager
Upcoming Alchemy of Yoga Teacher Training in Bali!
Alchemy of Yoga, Ayurveda, balance, Chakra Vinyasa, Chakras, Community, Connection, Elemental Vinyasa, Elements, Happiness, Inspiration, Intention, Joy, Kindness, Knowing Yourself, Love, Manifestation, Meditation, Registered Yoga Teacher, RYT-200, Yoga Class Plans, Yoga School, Yoga Teacher Training, Yoga Teachers 0
- Alchemy of Yoga (105)
- Alchemy of Yoga Alumni (23)
- Animals (1)
- Astrology (2)
- Ayurveda (6)
- balance (13)
- Bali (1)
- Chakra Vinyasa (19)
- Chakras (9)
- Community (32)
- Connection (19)
- Daily Cup of Yoga (8)
- Design (5)
- DoYouYoga (20)
- Elemental Vinyasa (12)
- Elements (4)
- Elephant Journal (1)
- Fulfillment (6)
- Gaia (1)
- GAIAM TV (5)
- Happiness (42)
- Inspiration (32)
- Intention (18)
- Interviews (4)
- Joy (13)
- Kindness (17)
- Knowing Yourself (29)
- Lifestyle (17)
- Love (17)
- Manifestation (19)
- mantra (3)
- Meditation (17)
- Mind Body Green (2)
- Mindful Flow (8)
- Moon (1)
- Music (2)
- News (4)
- Playlists (5)
- pranayama (1)
- Radiant Flow (4)
- Registered Yoga Teacher (25)
- RYT-200 (35)
- Travel (13)
- Uncategorized (21)
- Videos (2)
- Wanderlust (7)
- Women (6)
- Writing (155)
- Yoga Class Plans (12)
- Yoga Class Themes (4)
- Yoga Journalism (2)
- Yoga Music Playlists (33)
- Yoga School (37)
- Yoga Studios (5)
- Yoga Sutras (3)
- Yoga Teacher Training (64)
- Yoga Teachers (35)
- Yoganonymous (7)
200-hour yoga teacher training 2016 Yoga Teacher Training alchemy of yoga Alchemy of Yoga School alchemy of yoga teacher training bali Bali Teacher Training Bali Yoga bali yoga teacher training Bali Yoga Teacher Training 2016 best bali yoga best bali yoga teacher training best costa rica yoga best costa rica yoga teacher training best italy yoga teacher training best yoga teacher training blue spirit Blue Spirit Costa Rica blue spirit yoga teacher training chakra costa rica Costa Rica 200hr yoga teacher training 2016 costa rica yoga costa rica yoga teacher training Happiness inspiration love meditation october 2016 bali yoga teacher training Peace RYT-200 RYT200 santa cruz yoga teacher training self study Silvia Mordini teacher training Teach Peace Truth Yoga yoga playlist yoga school yoga teacher yoga teachers yoga teacher training Yoga Teacher Training Bali